FiLi is a Brussels-based collaboration jointly run and staffed by two Finnish government funding agencies, Tekes and the Academy of Finland. Both agencies employ an adviser/counsellor in the EU Liaison Office and, in addition, the two agencies co-employ a Junior Policy Officer in the Liaison Office.
Our primary aim is to monitor, analyse and report on developments in EU research and innovation policy. We also seek to facilitate the participation of our two parent organizations (and in a wider sense that of Finland) in European policy formulation.
- Organizing visits and preparing keynotes for the directors of our agencies.
- Attending meetings at the Commission, the Council, and the Parliament etc.
- Monitoring, reporting and analyzing EU R&D policies
- Facilitating participation in policy formulation
- Maintaining a network in Brussels
- Bringing forth information to Brussels-based stakeholders about the Finnish R&D funding system
We mainly work with the experts and the management of our two parent organizations and most requests and tasks from external stakeholders are received through them.
We collaborate closely especially with EUTI - Information office for EU R&D in Finland (a body of Tekes), EU affairs team of the Academy of Finland and the Finnish NCPs.