- to promote the participation of researchers, S&T organizations, SMEs and NGOs in research and innovation programmes of the European Union;
- to increase the visibility of scientific and technological potential of the Republic of Moldova in the European Research Area;
- to constantly distribute information through the network of National Contact Points to the relevant national actors on opportunities offered by the research and innovation EU programmes, as well as on the recent developments in the European Research Area;
- to enquire for the positions of the national actors on various topical issues within the European research area and to present them to the relevant European entities.
- MOST informs Moldovan scientific community, including via the National Contact Points network, on the opportunities offered by European Programmes in the field of research, through information dissemination activities, seminars and trainings.
- MOST disseminates information regarding Moldovan research teams and other S&T entities for creation of European Consortia through similar offices or participating in various networking events.
- MOST facilitates the organization of meetings of the representatives of Moldovan scientific community with the EU partners.
- MOST issues a bulletin on European Research Area news providing information on open calls, scientific events, trainings etc. It also launched an official blog (http://most2eu.blogspot.be), as well as a Facebook platform to reach a broader audience.
- MOST facilitates scientific cooperation within the Eastern Partnership, participating in the work of the EaP Platform 4 and other relevant events.
- Academia and Universities of the Republic of Moldova
- National public authorities (Ministries and Agencies)