SLORD was established by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic and the Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information. The Office focuses on monitoring and analysis of EU policies and tools for support of research, development and innovation particularly through the new Framework programme for research and innovation – Horizon 2020. Mission of SLORD is to improve communication with European institutions in the field of research, development and innovations as well as with international research and innovation community. Furthermore, we want to support Slovak researchers and increase their presence at the European level.
- providing targeted and up to date information for Slovak research and innovation community on the calls and funding opportunities for research, development and innovation from European resources, and particularly through Horizon 2020
- monitoring and analyzing trends of EU research, development and innovation Policy
- Providing expert consultations on EU projects
- Providing target group specific information on possibilities of involvement in international consortiums
- Consulting services for searching of partners and involvement in European networks
- Logistic services, such as meeting rooms for meetings of Slovak researchers with potential project partners in Brussels
- Recommendation of successful examples and approved practices in the EU as an inspiration and motivation for next practice
- Participation in events, meetings and activities in Brussels and providing information to Slovak researchers and stakeholders
- Mediating contacts and provision of meetings in relevant European institutions and organizations based in Brussels
- Promotion of Slovak research, its results and potential in Brussels
- Organization of information days, workshops, seminars and conferences in order to improve knowledge about Slovak research and innovations in Brussels
SLORD services are available free of charge to all Slovak researchers (public and private institutions, SME, individuals) as well as researchers coming to Slovakia.