SOST is the Spanish liaison office for S&T in Brussels under the Centre for Technology and Industrial Development (CDTI). CDTI is the Spanish government agency working under the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness in charge of fostering the technological development and innovation capacity of Spanish companies through funding their R&D and innovation projects both at national and international levels. CDTI is responsible as well as for most of H2020 Pilar II and III initiatives. CDTI employs today over 300 people, including a strategic network of offices and representatives abroad.
SOST mission is to promote and strengthen the Spanish participation in European Union’s R&D programs and related initiatives.
- Providing information, specialized consulting and logistical support to the Spanish R&D and innovation community,
- Organizing capacity building programs and coaching activities for Spanish EU RTD experts,
- Supporting Horizon 2020 Societal Challenges and Industrial Leadership Spanish committee members and NCPs.
- Networking activities on behalf of CDTI towards the EU and other European institutions involved in R&D and innovation.
- Promoting and facilitating the communication between European public and private stakeholders and the Spanish R&D and innovation community.
- Monitoring EU funding opportunities in RTD.
- Strengthening the collaboration between Spanish regional delegations in Brussels on R&D and Innovation issues.
The whole Spanish R&D and innovation community, including public and private actors engaged or aiming to participate in European RTD programs and initiatives: SME’s Large Companies, Universities, Research and Technological Centres, Regional entities, etc.