SwissCore is the Swiss information and liaison office for European research, innovation and education in Brussels, funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), and the Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI). SwissCore acts as a bridge between Swiss and European knowledge institutions and supports Swiss participation in European knowledge programmes. Our Swiss partners are Euresearch for research and innovation, and ch foundation for education.
Our mission is:
- act as a bridge between Swiss and European knowledge institutions;
- support Swiss participation in European knowledge programmes.
- provide high-quality information by writing articles, infomails, notes, reports and by publishing a monthly newsletter (Synopsis);
- liaise between Europe and Switzerland in the fields of research, innovation and education by giving presentations and speeches and participating in and organising of meetings and events;
- support the Swiss participation at European level by answering questions, providing brokerage and strategic advice, organising visits to and traineeships in Brussels, offering office facilities and by giving specialised trainings;
- promote the Swiss knowledge institutions at European level by executing ad hoc replacements of Swiss representatives and ad personam representations of Swiss organisations and by representing the Swiss knowledge institutions within IGLO.
Our funders are:
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
- State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI)
- Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI)
Our partners are:
- Euresearch for research and innovation
- ch Foundation for Federal Cooperation (ch Foundation) for education
- Mission of Switzerland to the European Union (Mission CH EU)
- Norwegian Liaison Office for EU RTD
- Our sister offices united within the Informal Group of EU RTD Liaison Offices (IGLO)
Our clients are the Swiss intermediary organisations in the field of research, innovation and education and the Swiss knowledge institutions.